- Last night the president retweeted roughly a dozen people touting the benefits of Hydroxychloroquine in treating/curing Covid-19. Several of these involved a video from a group of doctors pushing the drug. You may recognize Dr. Dan Erickson from a different viral video in April which was labeled as false on Facebook. Erickson claimed there was no reason for anyone who wasn’t sick to quarantine and used INCREDIBLY bad math to justify is false claims about the virus. But no one is talking about Dr. Erickson’s part in this new video thanks to Dr. Stella Immanuel who runs a “deliverance ministry” in addition to her medical clinic. (A deliverance ministry focuses on exorcising demons and other evil spirits from people and locations.) Dr. Immanuel claims she has had a 100% success rate with hydroxychloroquine and hasn’t lost a patient. Notably, Dr. Immanuel works at a walk-in clinic which means it’s unlikely she’s seen anyone who was dangerously ill with Covid-19. But it’s her other beliefs which are causing the current attention. Dr. Immanuel believes that diseases are caused by demons and that vaccines are assembled using alien DNA which prevents people from being religious when administered. (She claims the government is run by lizard people and other aliens, but it wasn’t clear if she thinks vaccines are made with the DNA of our reptilian overlords or if said reptilian overlords are using third-party alien DNA.) Dr. Immanuel believes the unique medical issues women face are caused by having sex with demons in their dreams as their semen causes things like endometriosis. I did not make that up. Sometimes though the demons are just witches who are astrally projecting and pretending to be demons. I wasn’t clear on whether an astrally projecting witch masquerading as a demon in a dream can ejaculate, much less if said faux-demon dream witch ejaculate can cause endometriosis. If you’re interested in such things, her ministry website should be back up again soon. Dr. Immanuel confirmed all of these beliefs herself tonight. To bring this back to our topic, THIS IS A PERSON THE PRESIDENT WAS TOUTING AS AN EXPERT ON COVID-19. As the United States closes in on 150,000 deaths, Donald Trump is still pushing conspiracy theories from crackpots and miracle cures while attacking the most experienced infectious disease expert on the entire planet. In today’s press conference, Trump was asked about these beliefs. He initially defended Dr. Immanuel, but when asked a followup about her alien DNA beliefs, he immediately ended the presser without answering. Twitter briefly cut off Donald Trump Jr’s access over this misinformation and deleted the Tweets the president was making about it. Surprisingly he hasn’t mentioned this today after saying this weekend it was “illegal” for Twitter to have trending topics related to negative news about him. Yes, the president thinks the law should force a social media sight from highlighting bad news about him.
- Information packets about the Hunter Biden non-scandal are being sent to Republican congressmen. These packets are originated with a pro-Kremlin Ukrainian politician. Having such great success with their election interference in 2016, Russia is simply going straight to congress now. Ron Johnson, spearheading the bogus investigation said he’d never accept information from this individual. Here he is posing with him.
- Last week I wrote about the analysis of the illegal Portland arrests from Andrew Crespo, a leading fourth amendment expert. He’s extended his thoughts into a full column. In short, DHS is not classifying their detention of people as “arrests” despite the Supreme Court explicitly describing such detentions as arrests.
- A line of mothers showed up at the Portland protests. Without explanation or evidence, Trump said they were a “scam” the media wouldn’t acknowledge. He also tweeted about a protest in Austin during which Garrett Foster was killed by someone who had driven their car into the protesters. The president retweeted a conspiracy theorist saying Foster had opened fire on the car first. This is a lie. Though armed, police confirmed Foster had not discharged his weapon at all.
- After Dr. Fauci threw out the first pitch at an MLB game, the president announced he would be throwing the first pitch during opening day for the Yankees. He then predictably said he was too busy to do so. He lied. The Yankees had not invited him nor did anyone on his staff know about this event (as it was fictitious).
- Yesterday the president said more states should be opening despite the increasing number of Covid-19 cases nearly nationwide. This is keeping to his strategy of pretending the pandemic doesn’t exist so that he can boost the economy before the election.
- Germany has formally announced their opposition to Russia joining the G7, which Trump wants to happen. Russia was kicked out of the organization due to its illegal invasion of Ukraine. Trump has yet to announce a single retaliatory action to Putin’s bounty program paid to terrorists who murdered American troops. It’s been 32 days since we learned of this program. Trump knew earlier.
- The draft version of the next coronavirus aid package includes nearly $2 billion for demolishing and rebuilding the FBI headquarters. Trump has wanted the FBI to remain in DC proper rather than move into the suburbs as if they move, it’s likely a hotel would go in where the FBI currently operates. Said hotel would compete with Trump’s DC hotel. This is exactly the sort of conflict of interest which caused every single president in modern history to divest of their business holdings until Donald Trump. When asked about this, Mitch McConnell said he had no idea it was included in the bill. Today he said it won’t be in the final version.
(I am intentionally skipping covering Bill Barr’s testimony today as I found it useless)