Apologies for the lack of updates. The holidays plus an infection did a number on me. Let’s get caught up!
Some housekeeping – the site has a URL now! http://TrumpDaily.news will be so much easier to keep track of than the nightmare WordPress URL I was under. I’ll be toying with the look and layout of the site for a bit. If you have any feedback, let me know.
- A group of FOIA’d documents shows that the hold on Ukrainian aid was placed less than two hours after Trump spoke to Zelensky on the phone. Pence’s Chief of Staff says this was just a coincidence.
- Eddie Gallagher is the Navy Seal whose own men said was fond of murdering civilians, including children. Not only did Trump pardon him, but he was invited to Mar-a-Lago for Trump’s vacation.
- In an unhinged interview, the president’s lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, said he was more Jewish than George Soros is. Rudy Giuliani is Catholic. George Soros is a Jewish Holocaust survivor. At Mar-a-Lago this week, Giuliani said both that he should be chosen to run the president’s defense in the Senate trial and that he’d prosecute it as a racketeering case. He was confusing Trump’s defense with the bogus charges against the Bidens. His mental faculties are not intact.
- The Trump administration was against a program that assisted Kurd who helped US troops in Syria get visas to visit the US. This mirrors the actions Trump took shortly after taking office which blocked Iraqi citizens who had risked their lives to assist US troops from entering the country after being promised safe harbor here. In both cases, the driving force is religious bigotry.
- The Republicans have repeatedly argued that Ukrainian president Zelensky felt no pressure to open investigations into the Bidens. This is a lie. Zelensky felt that pressure before he even took office.
- After months of attacking the whistleblower, the president finally tweeted out his alleged name. While not explicitly illegal, the whistleblower protection laws are in place to prevent retaliation, which this certainly was. The Republicans in the Whistleblower Protection Caucus have not mentioned this incident at all.
- The Trump campaign publicly accused every Democrat who voted for impeachment of treason.
- Under Rex Tillerson, the State Department launched an investigation to find out which employee had liked a Chelsea Clinton Tweet while logged into the Twitter account of the US Mission to the EU. That account has an entire 570 followers.
- North Korea has announced they will be resuming testing of long range missiles. The president responded by saying Kim signed a contract agreeing to denuclearization. They did not. Either Trump is lying or he does not understand the document North Korea agreed to.
- Giuliani, who holds no government position in any way, was making calls to Venezuelan president Maduro. Former Representative Pete Sessions was also on the calls. This is the second country we know of where Giuliani was conducting a shadow foreign policy on behalf of the president.