- The Senate voted to confirm Lawrence VanDyke, the 7th confirmed Trump nominee who was rated “not qualified” by the American Bar Association. Mr. VanDyke has a long history of arguing gay marriage harms children and that children are better off with their biological parents. If you ever ask why elected Republicans are so obsequious with Trump, this is why. One in four judges at the appellate level were appointed by Trump. The fallout from this will last longer than anyone reading this today will be alive.
- At a White House Hanukkah reception, Trump invited a Dallas pastor who has argued that “Jews are going to hell.”
- Trump claimed today, for the second time, that Ivanka Trump has gotten jobs for 14 million people. That’s twice as many jobs as have been created in the entire country over the past 3 years.
- Trump tweeted out an advertisement for his private Florida club, using an official government platform. He’s done this numerous times and received zero criticisms from Republicans for it.
- Shortly after Melania Trump and several Republicans were furious that a witness mentioned Barron Trump’s first name, Donald Trump attacked 16 year old Greta Thunberg on Twitter as she received Time’s Person of the Year award and he did not.
- On a day he claimed to be very busy, the president sent out 124 Tweets. (Sourced from http://www.trumptwitterarchive.com/archive)
Just a note that due to my personal calendar, I’m unlikely to post another update until Monday, December 16. The House Judiciary Committee will vote in the morning to send articles of impeachment to the full House. Donald Trump will likely become the third impeached president next week.