- Trump appears to have committed fraud with two more of his New York properties, reporting a higher value to lenders and a lower value for tax purposes. This is not the first time this has happened and Michael Cohen testified that he did it frequently.
- Giuliani told the Ukrainians they needed a lobbyist in order to secure a meeting with William Barr. Giuliani suggested himself and a contract was drawn for him to act as a lobbyist and help the Ukrainian government recover assets.
- The Inspector General report concerning the Mueller investigation will be released shortly. It confirms that at no point did any government agency “spy” on the Trump campaign, which is a lie he has repeated for years now.
- Ukraine has fired one of the prosecutors who met with Devin Nunes’s staff. This prosecutor was one of the main proponents of the conspiracy theory that the Bidens were involved in Ukrainian political corruption.
- The government lost multiple court cases regarding adding a citizenship question to the 2020 census after it came out that a chief architect of the action wrote in emails that the explicit purpose was to disenfranchise minorities and help Republicans. The Justice Department this week made a court filing admitting that 41 pages of documents related to the citizenship question were withheld from attorneys they should have been turned over to.
- Don McGahn lost his court case this week regarding being required to testify to Congress. The government appealed and a hearing will not take place until January. The Trump administration knows they are going to lose the cases over administration members testifying, but the goal is to delay long enough so that the impeachment process has already concluded.
- A conspiracy theorist at the state department has been promoted to a senior level position. In the past Frank Wuco has claimed that Obama was born in Kenya, that John Brennan was a Muslim, and that Eric Holder was in the Black Panthers, among other things.
- The Trump administration projected separating 26,000 children at the border. This is roughly 20,0000 more than they ended up separating. They did this despite knowing they lacked sufficient resources to track them.
- The phone call Sondland recounted during his testimony where Trump said “No quid pro quo” does not appear to have taken place. A blogger/podcaster first noticed this discrepancy shortly after Sondland’s testimony. Sondland had to amend his testimony twice to avoid a perjury charge. It appears he may have to do so a third time.
Happy Thanksgiving to those who observe it! I won’t be publishing tomorrow assuming a slow news day.