- Lawyers Joe DiGenova and Victoria Toensing have been representing journalist John Solomon. The two also represent Dmitry Firtash, a Ukrainian oligarch involved in the current scandal. Solomon has written about the topic, sending drafts to DiGenova and Toensing, without disclosing they are his lawyers. DiGenova and Toensing are frequently on Fox News and informal legal advisers to the president.
- As the president claims we are sending troops home from Syria, we are sending more troops to Syria to protect the oil fields there. The president tweeted that the displaced Kurds should move to the same area. That would entail hundreds of thousands of people displaced by the Turkish invasion to move hundreds of miles to a region they are not welcome in so they could secure a resource to send to the US.
- Trump’s campaign now owes more than $1 million in unpaid security bills in the city where rallies have been held. These date back to 2016.
- The Russian government is publicly demanding a complete US withdrawal from Syria.
- The White House delayed reinstated Ukrainian trade privileges, possibly related to the delay in military aid.
- As part of Summer Zervos’s defamation suit against the president, lawyers revealed she had first contacted legal representation regarding Trump’s alleged sexual assault in 2011, long before he ran for president. Trump is due to give a deposition in the case by mid December.
- The sham Department of Justice inquiry into the origins of the Russia investigation now includes some sort of criminal element to it. I want to stress that we do not currently know what this means. It could involve unwarranted charges and smears against those who were investigating the president. It could also be something minor involving a leak. And while unusual, it is possible they are taking this route to CLOSE a criminal investigation without charging anyone. There simply isn’t enough information yet to judge what is happening here, but given the attorney general’s actions, skepticism is warranted.
I’m not likely to be publishing tomorrow due to my work and social calendars.